Subtheme: The Sustainable Resurgence of the African Coffee Industry”–
Sea Cliff Resort and Spa – Zanzibar
Deadline for submission: 19th JUNE 2015
This year, Zanzibar will play host to the 14th African Fine Coffee Conference and Exhibition. The event will be held from Wednesday 3th to Friday 5th February 2016 at the Sea Cliff Resort & Spa in Zanzibar.
Call for Presentations
The 14th African Fine Coffee Conference & Exhibition Presentation Committee calls for technical presentations on the main theme “Research and Innovation” to be made during the Conference. The main theme is divided into the following sub-themes on which your presentation should be based;
- THE WORLD COFFEE MARKET
- ACCESS TO IMPROVED COFFEE VARIETIES
- SOIL FERTILITY MAPPING
- CLIMATE CHANGE MITIGATION STRATEGIES
Please submit a brief (1) page summary / abstract of your preferred area of presentation by 19th JUNE 2015 for evaluation by the Conference Presentation Committee. Your abstract must include a signed copy of the submission guidelines and the below information to be considered valid.
IMPORTANT TO NOTE:
- Contact information: Please, provide the following information about yourself: name; job title; company / organization; address; phone, cell phone, fax and e-mail contact.
- Title: The summary (abstract) should have a title, should state the target audience, the learning goals for the audience and the key points.
- Audio visuals: Available equipment is limited to LCD projector and sound output/speakers.
- Profile of presenters: Include a biography and brief teaching/speaking experience of all the presenters. These should not exceed 50 words in total for each individual and should be accompanied by a recent digital photograph.
- All presentations must be submitted in Microsoft PowerPoint 1999 – 2003 version only.
- All presentations must not last more than 18 minutes.
Please note that there are several obligations and deadlines regarding presentations. AFCA reserves the right to cancel presentations by those who prove unable to fulfill these obligations:
- The Presentation Committee does not always accept proposals as submitted. All presenters must adhere to at least one of the subthemes for it to be considered.
- Presentations should be about technical issues and NOT company promotions.
- In the event that the presentation committee wishes to make changes, presenters will be contacted, advised on the committee’s wishes and given the opportunity to either participate or decline within the new format.
- Discounts on the early bird registration fees will be offered to the select presenters by the committee. However all presenters must register as Full Conference Delegates prior to the early bird deadline of registration (31st October 2015). Everyone participating in a presentation is responsible for completing and submitting a conference registration form.
- All presenters are responsible for their own hotel and travel arrangements and expenses. AFCA will not meet any of these costs.
- Selected presenters will be notified in writing by 11th July 2015 and a “presenter package” will be mailed by 14th July 2015 to all approved presenters with details on deadlines.
- Complete presentations must be submitted electronically to AFCA not later than 10th January 2016. Presenters who do not meet the date will not be considered in the final presentation panels.
I hereby understand and agree to compile the Call for Speaker guidelines and information as outlined above to be considered to present at the 14th African Fine Coffee Conference & Exhibition.
Send your complete presentation proposals to the AFCA Secretariat to the attention of the Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com by 19th JUNE 2015.