“RWANDA-SPECIALTY COFFEES AT THE HEART OF AFRICA”
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION: 31st July 2018
This year, Rwanda will play host to the 17th African Fine Coffee Conference and Exhibition. The event will be held from Tuesday 12th to Friday 15th February 2019 in Kigali, Rwanda.
Call for Presentation
We invite members and Coffee professionals to submit their abstracts in line with the main theme “SPECIALTY COFFEES AT THE HEART OF AFRICA”.
Abstracts should be relevant, practical and offer solutions to the African Coffee Industry.
Please submit a brief (1 to 2) page summary/abstract of your preferred area of the presentation by 31st July 2018 for evaluation by the Conference Presentation Committee. Your abstract must include a signed copy of the submission guidelines and the below information to be considered valid.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO NOTE:
- Contact information: Please, provide the following information about yourself: name; job title; company/organization; address; phone, cell phone, fax and e-mail contact.
- Title: The summary (abstract) should have a title, should state the target audience, the learning goals for the audience and the key points.
- Audiovisuals: Available equipment is limited to LCD projector and sound output/speakers.
- Profile of presenters: Include a biography and brief teaching/speaking experience of all the presenters. These should not exceed 100 words in total for each individual and should be accompanied by a recent digital photograph.
- All presentations must be submitted in Microsoft PowerPoint 1999 – 2007 version only.
- All presentations must not last more than 15 minutes.
Please note that there are several obligations and deadlines regarding presentations. AFCA reserves the right to cancel presentations by those who prove unable to fulfil these obligations:
- The Presentation Committee does not always accept proposals as submitted. All presenters must adhere to at least one of the subthemes for it to be considered.
- Presentations should be about technical issues and NOT company promotions.
- In the event that the presentation committee wishes to make changes, presenters will be contacted, advised on the committee’s wishes and given the opportunity to either participate or decline within the new format.
- Discounts on the early bird registration fees will be offered to the select presenters by the committee. However, all presenters must register as Full Conference Delegates by 30th September 2018. Everyone participating in a presentation is responsible for completing and submitting a conference registration form.
- All presenters are responsible for their own hotel and travel arrangements and expenses. AFCA will not meet any of these costs.
- Selected presenters will be notified in writing by 30th August 2018 and a “presenter package” will be mailed by 30th September 2018 to all approved presenters.
- Complete presentations must be submitted electronically to AFCA not later than 25th January 2019. Presenters who do not meet the date will not be considered in the final presentation panels.
I hereby understand and agree to the Call for Speaker guidelines and information as outlined above to be considered to present at the 17th African Fine Coffee Conference & Exhibition.
Send your complete presentation proposals to the AFCA Secretariat to the attention of the Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com by 31st July 2018
Signature: _____ Date: ____