The African Fine Coffees Association (AFCA) is a regional non-profit, non-political professional regional coffee association representing coffee sectors in eleven members countries, namely: Burundi, D R Congo, Ethiopia, Kenya, Malawi, Rwanda, South Africa, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia and Zimbabwe. The Association has its headquarters in Uganda, where the secretariat is hosted.
AFCA seeks to employ a Chapter Secretary for (Ethiopia, Tanzania, Rwanda & Malawi)
Duties and responsibilities;
- General administration of the AFCA country office and country work plans
- Plan and execute conferences and workshops for AFCA
- Custody o AFCA assets and documents
- Stakeholder relations, member recruitment and customer relations
- Coordination of AFCA and partner in-country projects
- Analysis and reporting on general industry issues
- Any other duties as directed by the Secretariat
Key Competences and Qualifications
- A University Degree in Agricultural Sciences, Food Sciences, Business studies and management.
- Good Understanding of the Coffee Industry
- Minimum of 5 years post university working experience in a busy environment.
- Career interest in Agricultural Development, Project Management and NGO work
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Professional Suite and excellent email and web management skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent English language skills
- Willingness to travel around the country and in the region
Individuals who meet the above specifications should submit their applications with relevant academic credentials and a detailed CV having contacts of 3 referees to the:
P.O. Box 27405 Kampala, Uganda
Deadline – 30th April 2015