Dr. Eleni Zaude Gabre-Madhin is an Ethiopian economist who is credited for founding and managing the Ethiopian Commodity Exchange (ECX) one of the leading exchange models in Africa on transparent commodity markets.
Eleni is an internationally recognized thought leader on commodity exchanges and rural development in Africa. Her accolades include:
- Winner of the prestigious Yara Prize, 2012.
- Winner of the African Banker Icon award 2012.
- Invited to address world leaders at the G8 Summit Camp David 2012.
- Named among New African magazines 2012: 100 Most Influential Africans.
- Listed in the 50 Women Shaping Africa 2011.
- Ethiopian Person of the Year 2009.
She has held senior roles in the World Bank and the International Food Policy Research Institute in Washington.
As a great friend and supporter of the African Fine Coffees Association we congratulate Dr. Eleni Zaude Gabre Madhin on making it to the March 2015 Cover of the Global Coffee Report!
Eleni’s Website – http://eleniexchanges.com/