Who we are
INTERCAFE is the coffee inter professional association of Burundi. It is providing a framework for consultation and decision for the coffee sector as a whole. Intercafé Burundi is responsible for extension services, promotion, branding and marketing of “Café du Burundi”.
Members include; coffee producers, processors, roasters, wet millers and roasters and exporters.
InterCafé Burundi is managed by the Board of Directors (13 members) from all stakeholders i.e. 5 from coffee producers, 4 from wet millers, 2 from dry millers, 1 from exporters and another 1 from roasters; and the Secretariat of 8 members of staff.
- To define long and middle term objectives of the coffee sector related to sectoral government policies.
- To represent the coffee sector within the country and abroad.
- To Strive to see all members complying with the market requirements (e.g. certification, micro lots production etc.).
- To improve quality productivity and increase the production of speciality coffee by 10% each year.
- To conduct marketing and promotional actions at national and international level.
- To link coffee owners with Buyers.
- To Resolve environmental issues, by implementing necessary steps to grow and produce environmentally friendly coffee.
- To be an interface body between coffee actors and national and international partners as well as government
- There are 600,000 coffee farmers
- Average plantation size: 200 trees
- Harvest period: March-June,
- Coffee provides 60% of exports earnings
- Production of 16 000 MT per year (70% of Fully Washed coffee
- 200 coffee wet mills to process the fully washed coffee
- 7 dry mills
Avenue Ngendandumwe n° 28
P.O. BOX. 3789
Bujumbura 2- BURUNDI
Emails : firstname.lastname@example.org | email@example.com | firstname.lastname@example.org
Telephone: +257 22276707, +257 22276708, +257 77741863