Who we are
ECEA is one of the prominent business associations in the country with the prime objective of promoting Ethiopian coffee in the world market.
We provide different services to its members and serves as a focal institution for the working and business relationship between the Government and its members, its members and Ethiopian coffee importers.
ECEA currently has more than 160 exporters; represents over 85% of the country’s coffee export share; and we are members of
- Specialty Coffee Association of America (SCAA),
- Specialty Coffee Association of Europe (SCAE),
- Specialty Coffee Association of Japan (SCAJ) and
- African Fine Coffee Association (AFCA)
Major Services Provided by ECEA:
- Coordinates coffee exporters aimed at securing the utmost benefit by increasing both the quality and quantity of coffee export;
- Keeps members informed with price movements in current international coffee markets;
- Promotes Ethiopian fine coffee and participate in various specialty coffee exhibitions and conferences to make Ethiopian coffee known all over the world;
- Provides trainings and hold seminars on coffee transaction and quality;
- Aware members of the Association on Government policies and regulations that are directly related with the sector; and
- Plays conciliatory role on conflicts that arise among members of the Association and between Association members and the Government.
Ethio-China Friendship Street,
Medina Tower 6th floor